Friday, December 4, 2009

“Breast Cancer Bracelets - Increasing Awareness Among Women” plus 4 more

Sponsored Links

“Breast Cancer Bracelets - Increasing Awareness Among Women” plus 4 more


Breast Cancer Bracelets - Increasing Awareness Among Women

Posted: 03 Dec 2009 02:30 PM PST

There have been a number of misconceptions about breast cancer. Primary among these is that pre-menopausal women aren't at a significant risk of developing this type of cancer. However, the American Cancer Society revealed that this is the leading cause of death by cancer for women between the ages of 20 to 59 in the United States. Hence age is less of an indicator of risk for cancer of the breast than first thought to be. Increasing awareness of among all strata of women is the role of breast cancer bracelets.

Why breast cancer bracelets?

Cancer of the breast is an insidious disease affecting the lives of millions of American women today. Breast cancer bracelets help increase the awareness of the symptoms, causes and treatment in an effort to stem the disease before it gets to a critical stage. The legendary cyclist Lance Armstrong, a cancer survivor himself, once wore a yellow bracelet with the words 'Live Strong' at the Tour de France, to advocate the need for cancer survivors to overcome the disease and move on in life with faith and courage.

His example paved the way for pink bracelets to be worn at fund-raising events such as cancer runs and walks. Inspiring words such as 'Hope' or 'Faith' and 'Courage' are very often etched on the bracelet. Pink is the color of cancer of the breast awareness in the same way as red is stands for awareness of HIV and AIDS.

The corresponding ribbon is also pink in color. This beautiful shade of color was chosen for its liveliness and positive vibe to cancer sufferers. Hope is an essential element in the treatment of this cancer. With hope, cancer sufferers can look forward to a day when they will be cancer free. The absence of hope defeats even the best medical properties.

Pink is a lovely color often associated with women and by purchasing breast cancer bracelets, a portion of the money will be donated to research into the disease. The Cancer Research Foundation thrives on money generated through such generous contributions and has paved the way for new cures and treatment to help cancer sufferers manage and fight the disease.

These bracelets are now in the forefront of the battle against cancer. It's a perennial message of hope and courage to cancer victims. You can do your part to raise awareness by promoting the use of attractive breast cancer bracelets.

This content has passed through fivefilters.org.



Breast Cancer and Your Subconscious Mind

Posted: 03 Dec 2009 07:27 AM PST

The nature of our subconscious mind is to be more Positive, Playful, and Visual. The Creative, Intuitive Mind is less discriminating. It absorbs information without questions or analysis. It simply does not have the capacity of calculation.

Let's go back to the concept of the thought being a seed, because it is imperative to clearly understand the importance of what actually transpires.

Does it mean that your breast cancer is a result of seeds that were planted in your subconscious mind through your thoughts?

Every thought is a seed at the conceptual level. When a seed is planted in fertile soil (feelings already established) this seed (thought/feeling) will then - depending upon prior programming and the intensity of the feeling --- create a re-action to that thought/feeling, or create the physical expression of that thought/feeling.

If so, is your breast cancer the physical expression of that thought/feeling in the paragraph above.

Now we have, as it commonly known, an emotion. This emotion then becomes a living vibration, which fertilizes that seed/soil (thought/feeling), and we begin to grow our crop of effects (conditions in our life). In other words, thoughts and feelings create an emotion that causes effects.

Are you with me?

Now, I am thinking maybe my breast cancer is the cause of the seed that fertilized through my thoughts and feelings, way before it manifested in my life physically.

Any word or piece of data chosen by our conscious mind establishes images within our subconscious mind. If we think in a positive manner, visualize what we want, and dare to dream we will get whatever we want.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
--Albert Einstein

It is that simple!

This content has passed through fivefilters.org.



My Breast Cancer Helped Me to Discover My Purpose in Life

Posted: 03 Dec 2009 07:27 AM PST

Breast cancer changed my life in many ways. The biggest and the most important change was that I discovered my purpose in life, which is to be in service to other women in my situation.

Losing a breast is the most traumatic and fearsome experience a woman can face. Breasts for women are one of the symbolic of their womanhood, and when it's taken away from them, they don't feel a whole women anymore. The biggest fear is how men would react towards them after mastectomy. This fear is only on the psychological level, because women are as viable sexual being as before. They are whole women in every aspect. Unfortunately, many men feel that women with breast cancer or mastectomy are not women anymore. This notion about women from the men point of view is totally false. These men are usually misinformed or have misconception about this issue.

It broke my heart what one of my girl friend Diane told me. Diane was engaged to be married. When her fiance found out about her breast cancer, he broke the engagement with her on the phone claiming she was not a woman anymore since she had breast cancer.

Fortunately, not all men live with this misconception about women, and many of them are very supportive and have great understanding of the issue.

Women with breast cancer can be as sexual and intimate with men as before they had to face this dreaded disease.

I feel that, it is our task as women who experienced this issue to educate those men about our condition.

So, let's roll up our sleeves and get to work on educating men!

This content has passed through fivefilters.org.



Breast Cancer and Living in the Moment

Posted: 03 Dec 2009 07:27 AM PST

I also noticed that if I brought my attention back to the present, the pain of having breast cancer, the stress, the worry, and the unhappiness disappeared almost immediately.

My breast cancer taught me how to live in the moment.

This "living in the moment" idea may not be new to you since it has been talked about in the "spiritual" literature for many years. What I am suggesting, however, is different from most literature in one very important way. Instead of the "idea" of living in the moment, I started "act on" living in the moment! That what's so exciting about it!

Every time I had my attention on my breast cancer, I simply moved my attention from the past to an environment where I passionately lived in the present without an attachment to specific results. I decided to live this way because I wanted to, not because I was afraid the past will repeat itself. Every moment I live is a "new unit of time." As soon as I understood the concept "new unit of time," I always remembered to live in the moment.

"He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the tomorrow than he is today."

--Tryon Edwards

The transition process may be tough at the beginning, but you are tougher! With practice and belief in your self, it will become second nature.

Some years ago, I lived in Montecito, California at my spiritual Masters' home for 6 months. She had a dog-named Sugar. Sugar was very friendly and playful. She would come to my car to greet me when I came home. In the mornings, I would find her stretched out right next to my bed. Basically, we had a great relationship. Sugar was a member of the family. We even threw a birthday party for her with cake and birthday hats!

But, circumstances brought me back to LA. I did not get the chance to visit Sugar for a while. A couple of months passed by, before I got the chance to drive up to Montecito again.

I was extremely disappointed when Sugar didn't great me when I arrived. She didn't show any signs of recognition. She totally ignored me like I did not exist in her world. Sugar's behavior did not make sense to me.

All kind of thoughts were going through my head.

Is it possible that she totally forgot me?
Is she suffering from Alzheimer's disease?
Are dog's susceptible to Alzheimer's disease like human beings?

I was crashed. My feelings were hurt.

Then, all of a sudden, a light bulb went through my head. I looked at her and realized that she was "living in the moment." The past did not exist for her!

Wow! What a revelation! Sugar living in the moment! What a wonderful way to live! Living in the moment is the ultimate way to live.

I felt this twinge in my heart. I actually felt jealous of her capability to be able to live in the moment, and for just a little while, I actually wanted to be a dog in order to have that capability!

I was in the state of "Ah ha!!" with this realization. My mind was running a thousand miles a second. I was thinking to myself that if Sugar could live in the moment, why couldn't I live the same way?

There was this serious dialog going in my head between my conscious mind and my subconscious mind.

And then, this brilliant idea crossed my mind. "Wait a second; wait a second," I told myself. "If a dog can live in the moment, why can't I live in the moment as a human being?"

It was at that moment that I changed my state of mind and adapted the notion of "living in the moment."

I love living in the moment! It does not mean that the past does not exist. The past does exist, but I don't let it to control my life in the NOW.

To paraphrase Eckhart Tolle who said "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have".

This content has passed through fivefilters.org.



Breast Cancer and Creation

Posted: 03 Dec 2009 07:26 AM PST

Breast cancer and mastectomy can be detrimental to any women who experienced it.

Breast cancer is a life changing experience as well. Accepting it and adapting it to your every day life, is even harder.

Accepting the fact that everything you experience, you have created, is the hardest concept to digest for everyone, but it is true. You are the product of your thoughts.

Everything you see or experience, you have created.

You probably ask yourself, how a person can create such an experience like breast cancer intentionally.

The answer is simple really. At the time of the creation, it sounded like something interesting to experience to your subconscious mind.

It may sound very harsh. However, it is true. Everything that happens to us is our own creation.

I mean EVERYTHING is our creation.

All the "trendy" books and movies available now on quantum physics
demonstrate this concept VERY clearly, as well as logically. All sensory phenomenons happen in the brain; thus, we each create our own movie.

Most of us have NO CLUE as to what we are thinking. We are bombarded with so much information on a daily basis by the media, by our friends and relatives, that our mind gets crowded with conditioning and focusing on the outside world. That the inside world is neglected.

Therefore, we might get about 30% of our CONSCIOUS thoughts, if we are lucky and 0% of the SUBCONSCIOUS.

It is our job to weed very carefully through what thoughts cross our mind. It is also our job to decide which of those thoughts or conditioning we want to believe in and run our life upon them.

Live deliberately and create your own movie, just the way you want to live it.

This content has passed through fivefilters.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment